Anchorage Farm, Saugerties NY
Registered Romney Sheep
GRIEVOUS NEWS SPRING 2016: Sue , beloved wife of Anchorage manager Graeme Stewart, died in March. Please go to the News and Views page to read our tribute and memories.
Our mission is to support and advance agriculture in the Hudson-Catskills region, realizing this with Romney sheep — the world’s most important dual-purpose breed.
Our vision is to be the first place in the country to which people look for seedstock Romneys.
- true dual-purpose sheep
- flock fertility above the the breed average
- uniformity of fleeces within and between animals
- improving the breed from within
- keep in balance with indigenous wildlife
- soil health
- work safety
- wean 1.6 lambs for every ewe exposed
- sell >500 lbs of fleece/year direct to handspinners or yarn mills
- have 10% of lambs each year that are “recessively colored”
- place high in all shows we go to
- flock free of ovine progressive pneumonia and caseous lymphadenitis
- reputation for high ethical standards
- accident-free farm
Please browse, enjoy the slide show and contact Graeme Stewart with any questions.